Monday, September 16, 2013

Energy Rescue

life's a polyp

My new order of B12 came today! Insert happy dance here. I've been unable to get B12 for over a month now due to the shortage of injectable B12. However, I convinced my doctor to change me to oral B12. Before she advised that the oral form doesn't absorb as well as injections. My aunt, who is also a colon cancer survivor, was advised by her doctor of continued recent evidence showing oral form is as effective as the injection form.
This is great news and allowed for my own experiment. I will be able to be completely compliant with oral B12 as there's no fear or pain associated with a pill and taking pills doesn't bother me, I had to get used to pills when I was taking about thirty a day. No big deal. And what's even better is this B12 is a microlozenge and is cherry flavored. Jackpot!

I chose to get my B12 from Puritan Pride but any place would do. I like Puritan though because they have great discount deals for their supplements. I bought 5 bottles for the price of 2, a total of about $25 for them all! And the more you buy, the more you save!

I've been anxious for my new B12 to arrive, I was already low and the symptoms had been worsening. It may not seem like a big deal to have low vitamins but it can be dangerous. Please take care of yourself and listen to your doctor, even when it's hard.

Low B12 common symptoms include:
  • Weakness and fatigue
  • Light-headedness and dizziness
  • Palpitations and rapid heartbeat
  • Shortness of breath
  • A sore tongue that has a red, beefy appearance
  • Nausea or poor appetite
  • Weight loss
  • Diarrhea
  • Yellowish tinge to the skin and eyes 
If low levels of B12 remain for a long time, the condition also can lead to irreversible damage to nerve cells, which can cause the following symptoms:
  • Numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
  • Difficulty walking
  • Muscle weakness
  • Irritability
  • Memory loss
  • Dementia
  • Depression
  • Psychosis


No comments:

Post a Comment